Are you a final-year master's student in search of your thesis project?
At Bontouch, we're developing and creating digital experiences for iconic brands. Join us for a transformative research experience at the forefront of mobile and digital product development. Dive into real-world projects and make your mark in digital product innovation.
Efficiently managing storage facilities requires a reliable and streamlined move-out process. Verifying whether a customer has emptied and cleaned their storage unit is crucial to maintaining the facility's operational efficiency and upholding leasing agreements. Manual validation methods are resource-intensive and may lead to discrepancies between staff members' assessments. The goal of this project is to introduce an automated approach that capitalizes on modern smartphone capabilities to enhance the move-out validation process.
This thesis project will focus on exploring technologies for automating tasks in the move-out flow from a storage unit. Your solution should be capable of processing one or more pictures, videos, or other mobile app inputs to determine if a customer has left their storage unit in a sufficiently good state as part of their move-out process. This means that your implementation should be able to determine if a storage unit is empty, clean, and ready to be used by someone else.
The implementation and analysis can either be done on-device, running the verification on the customer's phone, or in the cloud, running the analysis in a separate application. Part of the project will also consist of setting up a workbench for stable analysis of the implementation to analyze efficiency and accuracy. Depending on the methodology explored to solve the issue, you will also need to gather a dataset consisting of images, videos, or other input data for validated storage units that have been verified as empty and clean, as well as for invalid units and irrelevant data.
This thesis project may suit you if...
- Have the opportunity to work from any of our offices: Stockholm, Åre/Östersund, or Kalmar
- You have an interest in mobile development or digital products.
- You are interested in computer vision.
- You are curious about the hardware and software capabilities of modern smartphones.
- You are interested in exploring either traditional computer vision approaches to solve the problem or using newer on-device capabilities such as the iPhone LiDAR in conjunction with other data input, or perhaps by utilizing new methodologies in machine learning.
Our Interview Process
- Interview with our recruiter, Pontus.
- Case assignment.
- Case presentation with two of our developers.
- Final meeting.
Start your journey with us today.