Are you a final-year master's student in search of your thesis project?
At Bontouch, we're developing and creating digital experiences for iconic brands. Join us for a transformative research experience at the forefront of mobile and digital product development. Dive into real-world projects and make your mark in digital product innovation.
In our app, we have a feed (a collection) of user-generated content posted as images or videos. They are displayed as a scrollable grid of 9-12 items shown on the screen simultaneously. There is an option to preview videos as either gif or webP (animated webP is not supported on iOS out of the box though). What are the best optimizations one can do to make it as speedy as possible for our live users who are on limited networks and/or old devices?
There are a lot of ideas and papers on this, but our problem is that we have multiple content shown in a grid and a mix of videos and images.
- Look into and investigate different factors that can impact the performance of both loading and displaying multiple images in the grid
- Investigate different ways of pre-loading images and making the loading state look less stale
- Look into different suggestions like pre-loading, compression, image optimization (quality and size wise), and different options of either previewing videos or showing/playing multiple videos at the same time.
This thesis project may suit you if…
- Have the opportunity to work from any of our offices: Stockholm, Åre/Östersund, or Kalmar.
- You have an interest in mobile development or digital products.
- Interested in optimizing, and measuring loading results.
- Working with multimedia content (images, animated images, videos).
- You are interested in trying out different methods of adding network latency and working with network layers on mobile devices.
Our Interview Process
- Interview with our recruiter, Pontus.
- Case assignment.
- Case presentation with two of our developers.
- Final meeting.
Start your journey with us today.