Are you a final-year master's student in search of your thesis project?
At Bontouch, we're developing and creating digital experiences for iconic brands. Join us for a transformative research experience at the forefront of mobile and digital product development. Dive into real-world projects and make your mark in digital product innovation.
A social media platform app for fashion that we work with has a huge product catalog. We currently use an AI service that uses our product database to find similar products based on an input image which is often user-generated. E.g. by inputting an image of a person wearing a jacket, the app uses this service to find recommendations of similar-looking jackets. Note that the response the app gets does not contain any metadata of what the image contains, meaning that the app just shows the received images as we get them.
The problem we want to solve is that we often receive product images with a person wearing a piece of clothing, where it’s often unclear which piece of clothing is actually being matched. Would it be possible to detect which of the received images is the best image to showcase the product as a thumbnail?
- Clarify the definition of a good product thumbnail. This could for example be images that are focused on the product itself and not the model wearing it and are not too zoomed in on the details of the product
- For a given product, find a thumbnail that best matches this definition
- Ensure that the images have a good resolution
This thesis project may suit you if…
- Have the opportunity to work from any of our offices: Stockholm, Åre/Östersund, or Kalmar.
- You have an interest in mobile development or digital products.
- Like image detection and classification
- You are into AI/ML stuff
Our Interview Process
- Interview with our recruiter, Pontus.
- Case assignment.
- Case presentation with two of our developers.
- Final meeting.
Start your journey with us today